With Mother’s Day quickly approaching, you might be trying to think of the perfect thing to do for the special mother in your life. While gifts are a great way to show appreciation, one way to show her how much you love her is taking the time to do something special for her, such as treating her to breakfast in bed. Not only will this well-deserved treat be greatly appreciated, but it’s something that the whole family can participate in as well, making it an even more memorable surprise. Below are some of our favorite breakfast in bed recipes for mother’s day to help start the celebration off on the perfect note.
Breakfast in bed recipes for mother’s day
You absolutely can’t go wrong with a meal made from the heart and what better gift could you give mom than getting the kids together and creating a wonderful breakfast that she can enjoy from the comfort of bed? Kids will love making these recipes, and moms will love the thought that went into it. Here are some of our favorite recipes that we think your family will love, too.
2 large eggs
1/8 teaspoon baking powder
1 ½ large ripe bananas
1-2 teaspoons butter
- Break two eggs into a large mixing bowl, being careful to not get in any shells.
- Add 1/8 teaspoon of baking powder—be sure to use baking powder and not baking soda, as this step is what will make your pancakes nice and fluffy!
- Whisk ingredients together.
- In a separate bowl, add 1 ½ large ripe bananas. Bananas should be a bright yellow color and soft, but not mushy. Lightly mash the bananas with a potato masher or spoon until you have a chunky mixture.
- Combine bananas into larger mixing bowl and fold ingredients together. At this time, you can add in mom’s favorite add-ins, such as peanut butter, chocolate chips, pecans, or even sprinkles!
- Heat a frying pan on stovetop on medium heat. Spray pan with cooking spray and place a section of butter in the pan; let melt. Once butter is melted, place pancake mix in pan. Let cook until bubbles form on top, then flip. Let cook for 1-2 minutes. Continue process until bowl is empty and all pancakes are cooked!
Easy Peasy Blueberry Muffins
1 ½ cup flour
1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
1 ¼ teaspoon salt
1/3 vegetable oil
½ cup sugar
½ cup milk
1 cup of blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place cupcake liners in a muffin tin.
- Combine egg, oil, and milk and mix together. Add in the sugar and mix until well combined.
- Add all dry ingredients into the bowl. Mix, and then gently fold in blueberries with spatula.
- Fill in the muffin tins ¾ the way up the liner and bake for 15-20 minutes. If you insert a knife or toothpick and it comes out clean, your muffins are done! Top with a bit of whipped cream for an extra special surprise!
*Image Credit: princesspinkygirl.com
1 piece buttered bread (brioche or challah works well)
¼ cup milk
2 tablespoons of syrup
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Pinch of salt
1 tablespoon chocolate chips
Powdered sugar/cinnamon sugar
- In a microwavable container (a large mug or ramekin would work well), mix together 1 egg, your milk, syrup, cinnamon and salt. The egg yolk should be broken and mixed well.
- Cut your bread into square sized bites. For an extra bit of fun, use a cookie cutter to create shapes, such as flowers and hearts, out of the bread.
- Add bread to the container and mix well so that all bread pieces are submerged and covered in the liquid.
- Add chocolate chips and/or extra cinnamon on top of the mixture and microwave for 2 minutes. You can stop halfway through to be sure that the French Toast is not overcooking.
- Let the mixture cool for a few minutes before sprinkling some powdered sugar on top and serving!
*Image Credit: cookingclassy.com
2 large bananas, frozen
1 cup of milk
¼ cup of peanut butter
½ teaspoon of vanilla extract
2 tablespoons of cocoa powder, optional
6-8 oz yogurt
- Add 2 large bananas (frozen bananas peeled and sliced work best), 1 cup of milk, ¼ cup of peanut butter, 6-8 oz of yogurt, and ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract into a blender. You can also add 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder to the mixture to add some chocolate to the shake.
- Blend well until the mixture is puréed. Serve in a glass with a spoon or straw and enjoy!
*Image Credit: thewholesomedish.com
24 oz store-bought frozen hash browns
16 oz cubed ham (frozen is fine)
8 oz shredded cheddar cheese
12 large eggs
1 cup of milk
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Add shredded cheese to potatoes and ham, and in a mixing bowl, mix well so evenly dispersed.
- Spray cooking pan with oil and add the bowl mixture into the pan.
- Next, using the same bowl, stir the eggs well until yolks are broken and mixed. Add milk, salt, and pepper and mix again.
- Pour eggs into cooking pan and stir the mixture together with a wooden spoon.
- Bake for one hour. Your casserole will be done when the edges are golden brown and the center is well set.
Spending time with the mom in your life is a great way to celebrate her this Mother’s Day. Besides our favorite breakfast in bed recipes, spending quality time with your mother or wife is a fantastic way to show them your love and appreciation. If you are a Vistancia resident you can celebrate by taking her on an afternoon walk or bike ride on the Discovery Trail, a great way to enjoy the fresh air and outdoors as a family. Another great option is taking her somewhere to relax, either sitting by the pool with a great book and smoothie, or by going to a spa together. If you live in the Vistancia Community there is no shortage of local spas and restaurants located conveniently close-by, so making a day out of it will be not only be lovely, but also a convenient way to treat the well-deserving moms in your lives. Whatever you choose to do, be sure to make the mother in your life feel special by treating her to a day filled with family, fun, and relaxation. Vistancia offers so many opportunities for moms to feel special year round, whether it be the enjoying time with neighbors in the tight-knit community, easy access to recreational and fitness activities, award-winning schools, and of course The MOMS Club. If you are interested in seeing everything that Vistancia offers, schedule your visit to the Vistancia Information Center, where you receive a community map, overview, and information on Vistancia award-winning builders.