Arizona is the epitome of every adventurer’s dreams. From beautiful, lush forests and mountains in Northern Arizona to breathtaking desert landscapes in the Valley, adventure can be found in every corner. One especially bright spot of commerce, activity and fun in Arizona is Peoria, a hub of sporting and music events along with neighborhood hangouts, attention-grabbing museums and community centers. Here are some must-see places to fulfill your wanderlust in Peoria, Arizona.
Top Things to Do and See in Peoria
- Enjoy family-friendly activities at Rio Vista Community Park – This beautifully designed facility is home to indoor racquetball courts, a rock climbing wall, impressive gym with an extensive array of the latest workout equipment and much more.
- Take one giant step toward the Challenger Space Center – Peoria has its own version of NASA’s popular space camp with the Challenger Space Center. It’s great fun for the whole family and kids, allowing visitors to fly simulated space flight missions and take guided tours with enthusiastic assistants who can explain various exhibits on display, including actual landing gear from Space Shuttle Discovery and autographed memorabilia.
- Lake Pleasant Regional Park – One of the most scenic water recreation areas in the Valley. This 23,362-acre park offers many activities, such as camping, boating, fishing, hiking and wildlife viewing.
- Catch some spring training at Peoria Sports Complex – Spring training fever is here in Arizona, and Peoria Sports Complex is one of the season’s hottest destinations. Home to the Seattle Mariners and San Diego Padres, who use it as their go-to training spot, the Peoria Sports Complex is a great destination for families on weekends or hooky from work with the friends on a weekday.
- Drink up at V’s Taproom – Located next to Trilogy Golf Club, V’s Taproom is the ultimate neighborhood hangout spot for Vistancia locals and visitors. Taproom’s new design, open layout and menu full of locally sourced, organic ingredients make it a must-visit destination. Enjoy favorites such as burgers and sumptuous starters along with a large variety of draught beers, wines and signature drinks.
Experience the Most Peoria Has to Offer with Vistancia
There’s a lot to see and do in Arizona, but you don’t have to travel long distances to enjoy some of the best times the state has to offer when you live in Peoria! Vistancia’s communities in Peoria are conveniently located close to V’s Taproom and other local activities and community hotspots.
With a 3.5-mile Discovery Trail, close proximity to top-rated schools and a spring training facility hub, there’s something for everyone at Vistancia.
Contact us today to schedule a tour of our vibrant, active community.